IMAGE DELIVERY QUESTIONS
Q: How are images delivered?
- A: Images are delivered on a custom wooden USB flash drive that is mailed to your home address. Images are sized at large (or print) resolution and small (or web) resolution.
Q: Do you deliver every image you shoot?
- A: No, I eliminate duplicate images, test shots, missed focused shots, shots with bad expressions and other images that may dilute the overall product delivery. I only deliver the best photos.
Q: What does an editing/delivery timeline look like?
- A: I email a preview image from your session within 24 hours. A larger, extended preview of up to 10 images will be emailed within one week of the shoot/event. Please allow one month for portrait packages to be edited and mailed. Events take up to two months to be edited and mailed.
Q: How many images do you typically deliver?
- A: I deliver at least 40 photos for Friends + Family sessions, at least 50 photos for New Client Family Sessions, at least 80 photos for Large Family Sessions and Senior sessions.
Q: What size can I print my photos up to with the full resolution images?
- A: You can print your photos up to 16x20 inches without any quality loss. In most cases, larger prints can be made but please consult with either me or a tech at your lab first.
Q: What rights do I have to the digital prints?
- A: You have the right to reprint images whenever you want. However, you may not sell your images for profit or publish your images without the written consent from Apples and Oak Photography.
Q: What professional print lab to your recommend for prints?
- A: I recommend Mpix.com and Shutterfly.com.
Q: Do you provide the RAW (unedited) files?
- A: I do not provide RAW (unedited) files because those images are an unfinished product.
Q: What if I lose my images?
- A: There is a $50 replacement fee for packages after the event has been archived.
Q: Do you touch up all the images in my package?
- A: Yes, every image is edited. I tweak color correction, exposure, clarity, sharpness, toning and clean up distractions. I also make all images into black and white copies.
Q: Do you also do Engagement Sessions, Elopements and Weddings?
- A: Yes, I have experience in many areas of photography. Please check out Elizabeth Nihiser Photography for more info.
Q: How do I reserve you for my date?
- A: To book a portrait session, I require a signed contract with the balance paid up front to hold the day. The fee is non-refundable but the session can be rescheduled due to bad weather or emergency. To book a reunion or event, I require a signed contract with a retainer fee of half the total balance. The other half is due no later than one month before the event.
Q: How long will you hold my date?
- A: To officially hold a day, we require a signed contract with a deposit. We will not hold dates until we have received both the contract and deposit.
Q: Are there any travel fees associated with your services?
- A: No travel fees are charged within the Hocking Hills region (locations 30 minutes from our home in Logan, Ohio). However, for locations 30-60 minutes from our home, I charge a travel fee of $25. For locations 1-1.5 hours from my home, I charge a fee of $50. For locations 1.5-2.5 hours from my home, I charge a fee of $75. Please check with me for a travel fee quote on locations more than 2.5 hours from Logan, Ohio.
Q: When do you recommend scheduling a portrait session?
- A: In general, the best light is an hour before sunset.
Q: What locations in the Hocking Hills do you recommend?
- A: Lake Logan and Falls Mill Bridge are a couple of my favorite locations for portrait sessions. Please get in touch to discuss other locations.
Q: What types of payment do you accept?
- A: I will send you an online invoice that can be paid using credit card, debit or Paypal.
Q: How do I set up an appointment to meet you in person and see some of your work?
- A: You can email Elizabeth at email@example.com, call/text 740.270.9246 (please leave a voicemail if no answer) or click here.
Q: We won’t be able to meet you before the session. Are there any other options?
- A: I would love to meet with you prior to your session. However, if you’re too busy or too far away, we can handle everything remotely.
Q: Have you photographed at my venue/cabin before?
- A: I have photographed at many venues/cabins in the Hocking Hills region and Ohio, so there is a good chance that I have. However, if I have not, I will get to the location early on the day of and perform a walk-through to scout out the best photography locations. I also do extensive online research prior to your appointment.
Q: My venue is very dark. How do you handle these situations?
- A: My preference is for natural light and I shoot on cameras and lenses with good low-light performance. However, some situations require me to use additional lighting. In those cases, I generally will use an on-camera flash with either bounced light or a diffuser.
Q: If we cancel the session, will we receive our retainer fee back?
- A: Unfortunately no. Retainer fees are used to reserve your date. Once your date is reserved, I do not accept new clients for your date. I am happy to reschedule sessions due to bad weather, illness or emergency.
Q: What is the difference between a Friends + Family Session and a New Client Session?
- A: Friends, family and former clients of both Apples + Oak Photography and Elizabeth Nihiser Photography receive a $100 discount off their family session. It's a way for me to say thanks to all the folks who have helped me get to where I am today.